Today I sat down to write about a nice plugin of WordPress. Many people now have a website and he is always looking for new options. Today you can embed Excel, Word, PDFs, PowerPoint, many types of files in a very easy way with a nice plugin. I am writing a detailed tutorial on this.
Google Docs Embedded Plugin
The name of the plugin is Google Doc Embedder. With it you can embed the file on your own server site. This means that these types of files can be read or viewed directly on the website.
Use the short code to display the file [gview file = “http: // link / to-your-file”]
Google Docs Embedder Features
You can easily embed all the files on your site, the list below.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (DOC / DOCX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT / PPTX)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS / XLSX)
- TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
- Apple Pages (PAGES)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- PostScript (EPS / PS)
- OpenType / TrueType Fonts (OTF, TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Archive Files (ZIP / RAR)
Install the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Now you have click on the “Plugins” menu and “Add New”.
- Then type “Google Doc Embedder” in the search box and click on the “Install Button”.